Reflections on motherhood...

Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Sleepy New Year

How did you celebrate your new year?

Ours was a subdued affair - a few mediocre DVDs with the fam, waiting for midnight to roll around.  Yet another reminder of the way our life has changed, at least in the short term.  Not that we were huge party animals before baby, but I did wonder what had happened to my old self when I found myself looking at the clock through half closed eyes, and groaning upon the realisation that I still had to last another 20 minutes before midnight.  At five to midnight I managed to drag myself into the bathroom to brush my teeth, in preparation for bed (and a midnight kiss).

Oh well, perhaps next year will be more of a convivial affair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...