Reflections on motherhood...

Pages

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

2014 Mother's Day Awards

I wanted to write this post for Mother's Day, but I've been busy.  Was it just me, or did mother's day seem like a big deal this year?  There seemed to be a ton of mother's day activity on facebook, and companies doing all sorts of mother's day promotions.

Anyway, I've got a few Mother's Day awards:

Mother's Day more-viral-than-chickenpox award: This one about the world's toughest job was a bit of a viral hit.  Not sure what the company was selling, but if 1% of the 19 million-odd viewers bought whatever it was, I'm pretty sure it was worth the effort.

Mother's Day will-make-you-cry-like-a-baby award: goes to The Honest Toddler for "I Don't Know if I Love You".  So, so, beautiful.

Mother's Day most interrupted sleep-in ever: goes to me.  By the sixth interruption at 8.30am I gave up and just lay there, pretending to sleep.  But faking it wasn't quite as good as the real thing, so after 10 minutes I got out of bed and headed for the shower.  Interruptions as follows:
  • a baby needing a full outfit change (I hopped out of bed to help)
  • a toddler saying he just needed to "calm me down" [cue hair stroking]
  • a falling stack of DVDs [cue exclamations from mother in law]
  • the baby being brought back in to our room for a sleep
  • the glass shattering on our oven door [thanks to Captain Boringvoice and his brother who thought they'd do some house renos]
  • the vacuum cleaner sucking up the shattered oven door.
Thankfully the rest of the day was not quite so disturbed.

As the day ended, and I rocked The Sailor to sleep, I realised that this would probably be my last Mother's Day with a baby.  I rocked him a little longer that night, savouring his warm little body tucked against me, feeling the fuzz of his head against my lips.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...