- quieting a fussy baby on a car ride
- picking up cat fluff from the carpet (and then tasting and ingesting said cat fluff)
- target practice when strapped in a highchair or carseat
- infuriating the washerwoman with the concrete-like bits stuck to clothing
- investigating and sticking into all parts of the face, including eyes, ears and hair
Last week, in the process of handing one to the back seat driver, I also found myself gesticulating with a rusk to a driver who failed to use their indicator.
Today I tried my hand at making some, using a recipe roughly based on a recipe on Wholesome Baby Foods. Here's my recipe.
1/2 c white flour
1/2 c wholemeal flour
1/2 c plain brown rice flakes
1/2 c pear and banana flavoured rice cereal
1 T olive oil
1/3 c iced water
Preheat oven to 180C. Mix all the dry ingredients, throw in the olive oil, then SLOWLY add the water, a little at a time, until you've got something that resembles dough in the bowl. Get your fingers in there and let your imagination run wild creating all sorts of fun shapes for your little one. I went crazy and made a whole family of seaslugs.
Lay them all out on a greased tray and bake for around 10-15 minutes until they look like sunbaked cat turds.
Luckily Milkbaby hasn't seen cat turds. He thinks these are the best thing since breastmilk served in a sippy cup.